Hip / Eye / Health Guarantee
Our breeding program is based on crossing dogs that are proven with excellent temperaments. Each dog in our breeding program, or dogs that we breed to, have hunting titles and come from a proven pedigree. All dogs bred have been hip-checked, OFA or Penn Certified and have regular Vet checks.
Each pup has been Vet checked (All Creatures Animal Hospital, 207-594-72291) prior to shipping or pickup. Each puppy will be wormed, will have the dew claws removed, and will have received the first set of shots. All puppies will have been weaned at 5 weeks and have been fed Purina Pro Plan for Puppies, Large Breed Formula.
You have (5) days in which to have your veterinarian examine your puppy for any health problems. If there is a problem that cannot be rectified, you may return the pup to us on the day following the Vet examination with a Veterinarian Statement, for a full refund of the purchase price. The pup has to be returned within 7 days.
If, before the age of 26 months, the dog develops: Hip Dysplasia, as evaluated by the Orthopedic Foundation of Animals, or Progressive Retinal Atrophy, and/or Congenital Cataract(s), as certified by an ACVO Diplomat Veterinary Ophthalmologist: it shall be replaced by us with another puppy of equal value, at our discretion, or half of the of the purchase price will be refunded in lieu of a replacement puppy, provided that the dog with the problem has been spayed or neutered with written proof from the Veterinarian. Replacement puppies will be free of all charges except shipping and health certificate. If the value of the replacement puppy is greater than the original, then the buyer will be responsible for paying the difference, before replacement. We do not guarantee breedability of any pup or dog sold.
The buyer has several responsibilities in order for the terms of this guarantee to remain in effect.
- The breeder must be notified within 15 days of diagnosis of Hip Dysplasia, Progressive Retinal Atrophy or Congenital Cataract, if the dog has Hip Dysplasia, Progressive Retinal Atrophy or Congenital Cataract it must be spayed/ neutered before reaching 28 months of age if it is going to be kept by the owner.
- The dog may not have been bred prior to this claim.
Claim for replacement or refund shall be in writing, and must be accompanied by the following:
- A copy of this guarantee.
- Original AKC Registration Certificate, with ownership signed back to us.
- Veterinary Certificate of Hip or Eye defect described above.
- Veterinary certificate of spay/neuter. This claim must be submitted to us with all of the required documents before the dog reaches 28 month of age.
If, for whatever reason, you cannot keep the puppy/dog, Mill Pond Retrievers must be contacted. We have the “first option” to buy back the puppy/dog or decline.
This information and the Puppy Information Form is available as a PDF download, by clicking HERE.